Friday, July 16, 2010

Keeping the Email InBox Empty: How to Manage Email Before It Manages You

In preparation for some upcoming presentations that I will be making to administrators and teachers, I have completed a series of sessions that focus on making the most of the technology management tools we use every day as educators. One of the hardest things for educators to do is managing the email load. Administrators and teachers receive numerous emails during the course of the day, and trying to find a system that 1)minimizes the time spent processing email, 2)maintains access to previously received email, and 3) makes timely response possible, is quite a challenge. In the presentation here, I adapted some of the advice offered by the folks at Lifehacker to make sure I am in control of email and that it is not in control of me. Here's that presentation. I hope you find it useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment